Sunday, August 26, 2012

Untitled Poem

There are these children
in suits and uniforms
(but I repeat myself...)
Thinking in uniform,
living in uniform.
Wearing those old tattered rags
that you'd find in
grandpa's trunk in the basement.
With medals and ribbons,
it looked very important.
(Nobody ever told them looks could be deceiving)
So they thought it'd make 'em proud,
to put on the uniform.
Thought it'd make themselves proud too.
So they didn't even mind
when it turned out to be just a blindfold.


1 comment:

  1. There is a strong hidden message behind this untitled poem which I could find is it just reminded me my old days of being a child which I miss a lot my grandpa during my early childhood. Those days are never going to come. But honestly this helped me to go back to my memory for a few second and thanks a lot for this.

    ReplyDelete